- Assess risks by identifying and classifying confidential information
- Educate employees on information protection policies and procedures (such as streamlined social media profiles), then hold them accountable
- Implement an integrated security solution that includes reputation-based security, proactive threat protection, firewall and intrusion prevention in order to keep malware off endpoints
- Deploy data loss prevention technologies which enable policy compliance and enforcement
- Proactively encrypt laptops to minimize consequences of a lost device
- Implement two-factor authentication (Ex. VPN plus strong user name and password)
- Integrate information protection practices into businesses processes
Following these best practices can keep your patient data secure and protected against hackers. Healthcare providers always strive to provide the very best care for their patients; shouldn’t the same care be given to protecting their medical records?