Join us every Friday at Five for our weekly top 5 favorites in the world of HIT and HITECH. This week we are highlighting five HIPAA resources we think will help you keep up with the ever changing HIPAA compliance.
- Information Law Group – This informative site recently published a two-part FAQ on the proposed modifications to HIPAA and is, overall, a great resource.
- Association of Corporate Counsel /Lexology – This is a site for business lawyers but they do a great job of putting complex legal issues into laymen’s terms in their article posts. You must register to access their article archives but it is free.
- HIPAA Compliance Journal – A really good “just the facts ma’am” blog, HIPAA Compliance Journal covers HIPAA from just about every angle.
- Google e-mail alert– Interested in getting breaking news on HIPAA breaches, violations and penalties? We suggest setting up a Google e-mail alert. Create an e-mail alert with HIPAA as one of your search terms. You’ll be e-mailed results from news and the blogosphere as often as you’d like.
- Data Mountain– Our own contributing expert, Bob chaput, puts out a darned-fine monthly newsletter dedicated to HIPAA and data security.