ONC Town Hall at mHealth Summit
The ONC will host a Town Hall Meeting on Consumer Engagement at this year’s mHealth Summit in Washington DC. The meeting is open to all attendees of the summit. Senior Advisor for Consumer eHealth at the ONC, Lygeia Ricciardi will host the meeting along with other members of the ONC’s new Consumer eHealth program. The group will be talking about their strategy to boost consumer engagement in personal health through health information technology (HIT). The strategies and initiatives of the ONC’s eHealth program are a “first of its kind in the Federal Government”. The program promotes consumer access to and use of health information to better manage their health care.
Find out how your organization can participate in a pledge program that offers a variety of benefits, including:
• An opportunity to help shape ONC’s consumer engagement strategy
• A forum to elevate issues and provide input on policy barriers/challenges that the Federal Government could help address
• Access to a community of peers to exchange best practices
• Input into the development of tools to educate and engage consumers
• Opportunities to network and partner with consumer organizations, provider organizations, and other stakeholder groups that share a similar vision
ONC Town Hall on Consumer Engagement for mHealth Summit attendees
Date: Monday, December 5, 2011 Time: 4:30 – 6:00 PM EST
Location: The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Washington D.C. Area
The mHealth Summit will be held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Washington DC area on December 5th through 7th. The third annual of this event will host big name keynote speakers as usual. In the line up you will hear, Secretary of HHS, Kathleen Sebelius, Surgeon General, Dr. Regina Benjamin, Paul Jacobs, CEO Qualcomm, and Julius Genachowski, Chairman of FCC to name a few. If you are interested in “shaping the future of mobile health” consider attending this largest of its kind summit.
Register for our encore e-learning session Meaningful Use for Specialists: How to Earn EHR Incentives. Learn more here.