Health IT Adoption FAQs Resources
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a good resource when you find that question you were looking for. There are several FAQ resources out there that focus on health IT adoption including the EHR Incentive Programs, meaningful use, and HIPAA compliance. Here are a few we have found from the best sources.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program FAQs. This is an interactive PDF with questions and answers linked through the Table of Contents. The contents are arranged by topics.
- CMS searchable database. The database includes all areas of CMS by topic. It has been updated from the original version and the questions can still be searched on the old FAQ numbers.
- CMS searchable database on the EHR Incentive Program. It’s topics include certified EHR technology, eligible hospitals, eligible professionals, getting started, State information, meaningful use & clinical quality, Medicaid participation, registration & attestation.
- CMS searchable database on HIPAA administrative simplicity. It’s topics are ACA, enforement, general information, NPI, transaction and code set standards, version 5010.
- CMS searchable database on eHealth. It’s topics are general information, e-Prescribing, electronic health records, personal health records.
- HealthIT.gov Frequently Asked Questions for providers and professionals on health IT adoption and electronic health records. The questions and answers are categorized by topic.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Frequently Asked Questions. These FAQs are meant to help answer general questions pertaining to CDC’s role in Meaningful Use. The FAQs describe how CDC will leverage Meaningful Use for the benefit of public health and provide links to additional information and resources.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Frequently Asked Questions on standards & testing of certified EHR technology.
- North Carolina Health IT Meaningful Use Frequently Asked Questions. This PDF was created by the NC Department of Health and Human Services. Some of the questions are adopted from the CMS database.
- Missouri Department of Social Services, Frequently Asked Questions, Medicaid Electronic Health Records Incentive Program. Remember that the Medicaid programs are administered by each State.
- The designated Regional Extension Center for Louisiana, HITEC-LA has Meaningful Use FAQs. These questions and answers focus on qualifying for incentive payments in the EHR Incentive Program.