The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is hosting a national provider conference call on “ICD-10 Implementation in a 5010 Environment.” The call is scheduled for Tuesday, June 15, 2010 from 12 – 2 pm, EST.
Who would benefit from joining the call? CMS lists the target audience as: Medical coders, physician office staff, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers and all Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) providers.
According to the CMS website, the following topics will be discussed on the call:
- ICD-10 implementation for services provided on and after October 1, 2013
- Benefits of ICD-10
- Differences between ICD-10 and ICD-9-CM codes
- Tools for converting codes – General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs)
- Proposal to freeze ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 code updates except for new technologies and diseases
HIPAA Version 5010
- General Overview HIPAA version 5010 and D.0 and who is impacted
- Compliance dates
- 5010 scope versus ICD-10 Scope
- What you need to do to prepare
- Medicare FFS implementation of HIPAA version 5010 and D.O.
- Impact on paper claim forms
This toll-free conference call also includes a Q & A session for participants. To register for the all, go to: http://www.eventsvc.com/palmettogba/register/6600ffea-e08e-429a-a6a5-44094e9dc471
Registration closes at noon EST on June 14th OR when space is filled so we recommend you register earlier rather than later.