Health Affairs Briefing on Patient Engagement
If you live in the Washington, D.C. area or just happen to be there tomorrow make a point to register for the Health Affairs briefing to discuss the publication’s February issue “New Era of Patient Engagement.”
This day long session brings together the authors who contributed to this themed Health Affairs issue. The authors include healthcare policy makers and industry leaders exploring the challenges and opportunities that exist to enhance patient engagement and transform healthcare.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
W Hotel Washington
515 15th Street NW (Metro Center)
You can follow live Tweets from the event @HA_Events, and join in the conversation using hashtag #HA_Patients.
The session panelists will look at:.
- An Overview Of The Evidence And Potential For Patient Engagement
- Clinicians And Patient Engagement
- Shared Decision Making
- Patient Engagement, Costs And Insurance
- Models Of Patient Engagement
- Patient Engagement And End of Life
The contributing panelists make for an all-star line up and includes:
- Lygeia Ricciardi, Director, Office of Consumer eHealth, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Howard Koh, Assistant Secretary for Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
- David Colby, Vice President of Public Policy, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Jonathan Perlin, President, Clinical and Physicians Services Group, and Chief Medical Officer, Hospital Corporation of America