National Nurses Week, Preview of HIIM Conference and Health IT News Round UP
This month on Voice of the Doctor: National Nurses Week, News Round Up and a Preview of SIIM Meeting.
May 6 – 12 is National Nurses Week. In honor of this I will be talking with Karen Kirby, RN, MSN, NEA-BC, FACHE who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare administration and has held top-level nursing and hospital administration positions, and serves as an Associate at the Institute for Nursing Healthcare Leadership within Boston’s Harvard healthcare community.
We will be joined by Kathy Douglas, RN, MHA, who is the President & CEO of the Sedona group and has just completed a Documentary Feature Film “Wise Women of Sedona“. We will be talking about nurses and their impact in the healthcare system, the rise of the Chief Nursing Information Officer (CNIO) and the current project they are both working on Nurses the Movie: An in-depth exploration of the complexity, challenges, sorrows and joys of being a nurse, seen through the voices and lives of nurses today.
You can see more on this Facebook page – ON Nursing Excellence.
News Round up of latest news and events with a discussion on Designing a Better Healthcare System that included some great suggestions including:
- Getting all the stakeholders in the room
- Design for failure because it is going to happen
- Riding the Motivation Wave
- Data + Design + Innovation = Better Health, and
- The patient of the Future won’t want today’s Healthcare
Preview of the upcoming Society of Imaging Informatics in Medicine SIIM (#SIIM12) meeting scheduled for Jun 7 – 10 in Orlando
Bob Fleming, Director for Radiology Systems as Nuance Communications will be joinging me to discuss the latest innovations, technologies, and science in the imaging informatics community being presented at SIIM. The theme this year “Strategic Innovation through Enterprise Image Management”.
You can tune in to Voice of the Doctor three ways:
- Stream the show live on HealthcareNOWradio.com – click the Listen Live Now to launch our Internet radio player.
- You can also call in. A few minutes before our show starts, call in the following number: Call: 1-559-546-1880; Enter participant code: 840521#
- HealthcareNOWradio.com is now on iTunes Radio! Stream the show live – you’ll find this station listed under News/Talk.
Want to be notified by email of upcoming shows and guests? Sign up here and keep up to date on our programming in 2012.
A version of this article post first appeared on Voice of the Doctor. It is used with the author’s permission.