Healthcare and Health IT News Round Up
On Voice of the Doctor today (#VoiceoftheDr, #VotD) we begin a new segment that is a news round up of healthcare and health IT news.
Many people know we are suffering drug shortages in the area of chemotherapy drugs (Cisplatin, Doxrubicin, Methotrexate), but did you know that drug shortages in the US include some of these well known and commonly used drugs:
- Sodium Bicarbonate
The complete list is available here. In fact in a recent discussion with a practicing ED physician I heard that while they were treating a patient for a cardiac emergency (crash call/code blue) the team were informed there was a limited supply of Sodium Bicarbonate and the hospital was down to the last 40 doses and use would need to be rationed….!
We will also review the following areas:
- Meaningful Use Status Check – report on latest statistics and experiences
- ICD10 delay check in – what does it mean
- Remote monitoring for patients and patient self engagement – sent for a big take off, what might it mean
There are three ways to tune in:
- Stream the show live at 2:30 Eastern/1:30 Central – click the Listen Live Now to launch our Internet radio player.
- You can also call in. A few minutes before our show starts, call in the following number: Call: 1-559-546-1880; Enter participant code: 840521#
- HealthcareNOWradio.com is now on iTunes Radio! Stream the show live – you’ll find this station listed under News/Talk.
Want to be notified by email of upcoming shows and guests? Sign up here and keep up to date on our programming in 2012.
A version of this article post first appeared on Voice of the Doctor. It is used with the author’s permission.