A Conversation with Sara Vaezy
Sara Vaezy is the Chief Digital Officer for Providence where she is responsible for digital strategy, product innovation, marketing, digital experience, and commercialization for the integrated delivery network (IDN) which includes 52 hospitals and 1,085 clinics and serves over 5 million unique patients.
Sara is the architect of the Providence digital innovation model upon which the Digital Innovation Group (DIG) was founded, resulting in company partnerships and incubation of technologies that deliver value for Providence as well as other health systems. The model has resulted in the commercialization of three incubated technologies into independent companies from within DIG—all of which are supporting Providence in delivering on its mission and vision of health for a better world.
Listen to the Conversation
- Strategy-driven Digital and Innovation health leader, Sara Vaezy, shares why she believes digital transformation will influence healthcare policy given how access to care is fundamentally different with digital.
- Learn how Ms. Vaezy and her team formulate their thesis around problems sourced both internally and externally, including interviewing a multitude of constituents and how this informs decision-making while building solutions.
- Why Providence is hyper-focused on “Identity-driven” engagement, where consumer experiences are personalized using middleware software between the consumer and the EMR, which is removing friction and fragmentation.
- Hear what excites Ms. Vaezy about the innovative work being done in the Digital Identities space – focusing on the steak, not the sizzle – to unlock personalized experiences and identity-driven engagement.
- Steps for digital leaders and healthcare organizations to take to address specific barriers to access such as multi-lingual support and SMS text messaging for low-bandwidth environments.
For nearly a decade, Alan Sardana has combined a unique blend of curiosity and community-advocacy to uncover and disseminate best practices in healthcare innovation. He is an award-winning filmmaker, science advocate and startup enthusiast, having played an instrumental role in supporting multiple startups advance from seed financing through multiple funding rounds.
Alan is currently the Marketing Lead at SeamlessMD—the leading Digital Patient Engagement platform for health systems to engage, monitor and stay connected with patients across healthcare journeys. In his role, Alan is responsible for developing and advancing SeamlessMD’s positioning and partnerships.
Dr. Joshua Liu, Co-founder & CEO, SeamlessMD
Dr. Joshua Liu is a physician turned entrepreneur. He is currently the co-founder/CEO of SeamlessMD, which provides the leading Digital Patient Engagement platform for health systems to engage, monitor and stay connected with patients across healthcare journeys.
Joshua graduated as a medical doctor from the University of Toronto. During his medical training, he co-led a research project at UHN on hospital readmissions and sat on UHN’s physician advisory group for post-hospital discharge follow up. As a result, Joshua was inspired to develop technology to better support patients and prevent adverse outcomes such as a readmission – which ultimately led to him co-founding SeamlessMD.
About the Show
Rated one of the top 30 Best Digital Health Podcasts by FeedSpot, The Digital Patient takes an “edu-taining” approach to all things digital patient care. On this show hosts Dr. Joshua Liu, and Alan Sardana talk with healthcare, technology, and innovation leaders about the latest advancements in digital health, trends in digital transformation, and strategies for optimizing the patient experience. Guests include Dr. Becket Mahnke, CMIO, Confluence Health, Dr. Denise Basow, Chief Digital Officer, Ochsner, Dr. Michael Radtke, CMIO, Intermountain Health, Duska Kennedy, Chief Digital Officer, North York General Hospital, Dr. David Putrino, Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, The Mount Sinai Health System, Dr. Jay B. Shah, Chief of Staff, Stanford Health Care, and many more.