HIMSS15 has come and gone but the memories live on…on YouTube. I was fortunate to be able to catch up with some industry thought leaders on the exhibit floor in Chicago. Questions ran the gamut, from interoperability to pop health, stage 3 MU to the move to value-based care, and ICD-10. MIPs popped up as the latest health IT acronym, along with our new reality of consolidated quality reporting and incentive programs by 2018. You can view the videos below and check out a sampling of the questions asked.
Video interview with Tom Butts, CEO of ZirMed:
- What are some key challenge for healthcare providers in dealing with the rise in patient financial responsibility
- What must providers be doing to make the transition from fee-for-service to fee-for-value reimbursement models.
Video Interview with Alan Portela, CEO of Airstrip:
- What do you see as the biggest mHealth trend in the market today.
- What steps need to be taken before mHealth becomes an integrated part of healthcare.
Video Interview with Brian Ahier, Director of Standards and Government Affairs at Medicity
- What’s the big-picture view of interoperability and how do you see it evolving in the future?
- Does MIPs provide the health IT components necessary to help move towards value based system?
Video Interview with Tom Lee, CEO of SA Ignite and Beth Houck, VP of Client Services
- What will be the long term impact of the consolidation of incentive, penalty and quality reporting programs MIPs)
- What challenges are providers faced with in managing Stage 1 and Stage 2 MU in the same year.
And check out these additional videos:
Jeff Wood, VP of Product Development for Navicure at HIMSS15. On the interview Jeff discusses how practices should prepare for ICD-10, patient pay processes and other trends impacting and improving payment processes.View on YouTube here.
Dan Cidon, CTO and Richard Garcia, VP of Marketing for NextGate. On the interview, they discuss how data fits into the big picture of care collaboration and improving patient outcomes, as well as other trending topics. View on YouTube here.