Join us every Friday at Five for our weekly top 5 favorites in the world of HIT and HITECH. This week we are reporting on Social Media and five tools and resources for health care organizations to explore.
1. Recently published on Fierce Practice Management, the social media dos and don’ts for doctors offers some great tips and advice for medical practices.
2. If you’re already posting and/or have employees posting, coordinate your companies social media efforts and messaging using a social media dashboard. Three we recommend you exlore are HootSuite, CoTweet and SocialOomph.
3. Want to find out when your company is mentioned out in the social media world? Monitor your company brand, competitor or interests through Social Mention. Like Google Alerts, you create e-mail alerts based on keywords, including your company name, url, etc.
4. Want to know how your blog post and twitter account stacks up against others? Use Hubspot’s Website Grader to find out. This helpful tool compares your site against 2 million+ others that have taken their grade. You can also check out your competitors as well.
5. Contact a Social Media expert. We recommend two: John Luginbill at TurnUpYourVolume.com, a specialist in social media strategies for hospitals and Chris O’Leary at SetUpMyBrand.com, a web site design, SEO and SMO expert rolled into one.