A Conversation with Joneigh Khaldun MD of CVS Health
Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, Vice President and Chief Health Equity Officer, CVS Health
Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, Vice President and Chief Health Equity Officer at CVS Health, shares the impact when organizations move beyond buzzwords and embark on a health equity transformation. Disparities aren’t inevitable, and there’s no gene that says that you should have a lower quality of life because of the color of your skin. Learn how to recognize the existence of implicit bias, collect data at scale, and use that data to address disparities in care.
Listen to the Conversation
- Most factors that determine the health of a person happen outside the walls of a medical facility, especially in underserved communities.
- The reasons why health disparities exist are very complicated. Businesses need to make health equity a higher priority.
- Ending disparities should be a deliberate mindset that members of an organization develop together.
- When addressing crises in marginalized communities, look for the data, be intentional, engage the community, and be very specific when allocating resources and making those resources easily available.
- Transformation does not need to be immediate or super complex. The best outcomes result from simple and people-focused initiatives.
With over 20 years of leading high-impact marketing and strategy projects, Jeff brings a breadth of experience that comes from working across many industries, as marketing practitioner, management consultant and political strategist. Jeff has worked in extensively in the healthcare industry, including payers, providers, pharmaceuticals and health care service provider organizations. Additionally, Jeff has worked in food, beverage, agriculture, pet care, for-profit education, energy and in several industrial settings.
Paul is a partner in Prophet’s Chicago office, developing and implementing marketing, brand and customer experience strategies that are rooted in deep consumer insights and analytics. He is also a leader in Prophet’s healthcare practice, working with providers, payers and pharmaceutical companies. His healthcare expertise includes work for clients like Abbott, the American Medical Association, Anthem, Becton Dickinson and IBM Watson Health.
Priya Aneja, Associate Partner, Prophet
Priya is a co-leader of Prophet’s Healthcare Vertical and has over 10 years of professional services experience across investment banking and strategy consulting, with an exclusive focus on healthcare. Priya’s expertise spans healthcare sectors, including pharma, providers, and payers. Her work is multi-disciplinary, including brand-driven growth strategy, content & communications strategy, segmentation & opportunity assessment, business case development, culture transformation, and customer experience.
About the Show
This show is where healthcare leaders who are driving change in their organizations, as well as today’s healthcare experience, share their stories. On this podcast, you’ll hear from industry-leading healthcare professionals about their personal transformation journeys and what organizations can do to create the next wave of growth today and in the future.