Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate (@jimtate). Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Sophia Lopez, Founder and COO of Kaleido, a Consensys Enterprise Business. Sophia has an engineering degree from Harvard University and an MBA from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Kaleido offers the Blockchain Business Cloud, which is the first full-stack platform offering blockchain-as-a- service for the entire enterprise journey.
News and Noted
Now Available – Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB) – The blockchain database s a fully managed ledger database that provides a transparent, immutable, and cryptographically verifiable transaction log owned by a central trusted authority.
IBM Files Patent for a Blockchain-Based Web Browser – Published on August 6 by the United States Patent and Trademark Office database, IBM’s patent is for a web browser backed by a peer-to-peer network. IBM’s patent application was first published on September 2018 to the USPTO, although not on its database. The patent application from IBM describes a blockchain-based web browser.
AI, blockchain top healthcare CIO’s list of emerging tech – In this Q&A, veteran healthcare CIO Geoffrey Brown talks about how his role has evolved, as well as why he’s keeping an eye on emerging technologies like artificial intelligence and blockchain.
New Straits Times
Blockchain technology boon to healthcare Industry – The recent 2019 Beyond Paradigm Summit saw the social humanoid robot, named Sophia, make her first appearance in Malaysia. It engaged in banter with Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. Sophia exemplified new ways of future communication using artificial intelligence, big data and the Internet of Things. Given this accelerated technology advancement, woe betide any firm that that does not update its technology. Take Nokia,a once-leading firm whose mobile phones were ubiquitous in the late 1990s.
How Blockchain Technology is Transforming the Healthcare Sector – Though the digital health movement is rapidly gaining traction, implementation of innovations like artificial intelligence (AI) technologies presents a challenge. These innovations have been supported in clinical trials, but widespread implementation requires that the medical community can entrust all aspects of these systems. By enhancing trust, transparency, and privacy in data sharing, blockchain technology may aid in the acceptance of digital health solutions.
— The Block (@TheBlockNews) September 12, 2019
Partnership Announcement @SyndicateCrypto, Decentralized Crypto Digital Media
— Coinvention (@Coinventionio) September 16, 2019
— Coinpedia – Cryptocurrency News (@Coinpediamarket) August 26, 2019
Converge2Xcelerate 2019 Conference
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) September 16, 2019
Explore the blockchain ecosystem at the next #Blockchainexpo 13-14th November, Santa Clara.
Come join 12000+ attendees, 500+ speakers & 350+ exhibitors at the co-located IoT, 5g, AI & Big Data, Cyber Security & Cloud Expo.
— The Block (@TheBlockNews) August 12, 2019
The BlockChain Event
The 5th Annual #BlockchainEvent will highlight case studies from industries of all types, #Sports, #SocialMedia #Finance #Marketing #Healthcare & more. Register today for 20% off early bird rates. https://t.co/Se9zBwdejA#Blockchain #SmartContracts #TECHSUPERSHOW pic.twitter.com/n26NAPxbNP
— The Blockchain Event (@BlockchainEvent) September 14, 2019
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Pixel Privacy – What Is The Blockchain? – The word blockchain is on everyone’s lips right now. Although you might not really understand what “blockchain” means, chances are you’ve heard people talk about it (a lot). Some people believe it will change our world for the better, and it will replace the banks that we currently know – or similar extravagant things. Although the blockchain came to the general public’s attention when the crypto market absolutely exploded, the majority of the people still don’t understand how it works, what it’s used for or what all the fuss is about.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
- Toshi Times -Global cryptofinance news outlet covering Bitcoin, Ethereum, altcoins and the entire blockchain space.
Who To Follow