Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate. Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Anthony Begando, the CEO of The Professional Credentials Exchange. The PCE is focused on bringing change to the current process of documenting professional credentials by utilizing blockchain technology.
News, Resources, & Noted
How Blockchain can disrupt the Healthcare Industry
The healthcare industry is experiencing the extreme pressure to keep costs down while remaining on the competitive edge in the market. Different healthcare units like hospitals, diagnostic labs, and health insurance companies want to ensure the right care of a patient while maintaining compliance and technological needs. Read the article.
Blackberry Implements Blockchain in Healthcare by Global Partnerships
BlackBerry’s partnerships in healthcare is to improve patient outcome via using EoT (Enterprise of Things) and BlackBerry Spark Platform. Executive Chairman and CEO at BlackBerry, John Chen says, “We are applying our expertise in security, data privacy, and communication work in industries regulations. These include automotive, financial services, and government.” Read the article.
Health Data Tokenization could Transform the Future of Healthcare
Blockchain, and the digitization of health data through this new decentralized technology, could be the ground breaking solution for empowering patients and giving them better access to healthcare. This so called ‘tokenization’ of health data, currently analyzed by Swiss-based HIT Foundation, will give patients greater ownership over their data and enables them to mobilize and monetize it. Read the article.
7 Reasons Healthcare sector should adopt blockchain technology#blockchaintechnology #blockchaininhealthcare #blockchaintechnology #enterpriseblockchain @smallbizbonfire Read more https://t.co/bDZrt6U32e pic.twitter.com/ByWPhKnTdp
— SoluLab Inc (@solulab) October 8, 2018
#ConV2X brings modernization and integrity back to healthcare. For those that want change, and those that are, register now! A MUST ATTEND EVENT! Go to: https://t.co/GkBeBB7TfY pic.twitter.com/sRqQbpyGvl
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) October 5, 2018
Excited that @davidhoulding, from @Microsoft and @Azure, will address the impacts of blockchain technology in healthcare during Distributed: Health. Register today https://t.co/UKD1SZOpGb pic.twitter.com/iQoyVqqq39
— Distributed (@DistLedger) October 15, 2018
@Blockchain_Expo arrives in Silicon Valley on the 28-29 November 2018! The Worlds largest #blockchain conference & exhibition includes, 4 co-located conferences; 13,000+ attendees; 350+ exhibitors and 500+ speakers. Don’t miss out! https://t.co/maGoHLXTe2 pic.twitter.com/tPYb17aZ2W
— Blockchain Expo (@Blockchain_Expo) September 11, 2018
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.