The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (@CMSGov) has updated the list of Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs) that are fully specified and are available to be used for the 2020 performance period in the Quality Payment Program, which were finalized in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) Final Rule.
The updated list of eCQMs and supporting documents can be found on the eCQI Resource Center for the following programs:
- Quality Payment Program: The Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (Advanced APMs)
- Advanced APM: Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+)
- Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program for Eligible Professionals
New eCQM finalized for 2020 performance period:
- CMS771v1: International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) or American Urological Association-Symptom Index (AUA-SI) Change 6-12 Months After Diagnosis of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
eCQMs removed from 2020 performance period:
- CMS52v8: HIV/AIDS: Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (PCP) Prophylaxis
- CMS82v7: Maternal Depression Screening
- CMS132v8: Cataracts: Complications within 30 Days Following Cataract Surgery Requiring Additional Surgical Procedures
- CMS160v8: Depression Utilization of the PHQ-9 Tool
Please also refer to Appendix 1: Finalized MIPS Quality Measures of the CY 2020 PFS Final Rule for a complete list of new measures (Table Group A), finalized quality measure specialty sets (Table Group B), measures finalized for removal (Table Group C), and measures finalized with substantive changes (Table Group D) for the 2020 performance period. Furthermore, please note that measures with substantive changes may have changes to benchmarks for 2020. We recommend reviewing these changes in the 2020 Quality Benchmarks file, which will be available on the QPP Resource Library later this Fall.