Visit the CMS Website for More Information on 2016 Program Requirements
To help eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) successfully participate in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs in 2016, CMS has posted new resources on the CMS EHR Incentive Programs website.
These resources include:
- Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals/CAHs What You Need to Know for 2016 Fact Sheets
- Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals/CAHs Specification Sheets
- Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals/CAHs Attestation Worksheets
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications for 2016 Fact Sheet
- Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals: Public Health Reporting in 2016 Tip Sheets
- Security Risk Analysis Tip Sheet
- Patient Electronic Access Tip Sheet
- Guide for Eligible Professionals Practicing in Multiple Locations
CMS will continue to update the EHR Incentive Programs website to include additional information and resources for eligible professionals and eligible hospitals/CAHs. Stay tuned!
About the EHR Incentive Programs Final Rule
On October 6, 2015, CMS released the final rule for the EHR Incentive Programs, which provides new criteria that eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and CAHs must meet in order to successfully participate in the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017 and Stage 3 in 2018 and beyond.