National Health IT Week
The 6th Annual National Health IT Week is now a wrap. Here are five highlights of the week that we will sure to be keeping an eye on.
- ONC’s Official launch of the HealthIT.gov web site with their “Putting the I in Health IT” campaign. The site is a great resource for consumers and patients as well as providers and professionals.
- The ONC released the Federal Strategic Health IT Plan: 2011-2015 – The Plan which is the blue print for the Federal Health IT initiative, has been updated to take into account the rapidly changing landscape of health IT and health IT policy.
- ONC has just posted new PHR Model Privacy Notice resource materials that are intended to aid PHR vendors in being transparent in their privacy policies.
- HHS issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to modify CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment). The NPR is giving the rights to patients to obtain test results directly from labs.
- The multi-stakeholder collaboration of BlueButtonData.com was announced by The Markle Foundation. The concept of a recognizable blue button for consumer to obtain their health information for their PHRs.