ICYMI, here is recent communication from CMS.
Today, we’re releasing info to help states better understand Medicare coverage and payment for #Covid19 testing, including a flow chart detailing testing coverage for nursing facility residents. https://t.co/uhh7MAzl4A pic.twitter.com/AUIHMPhVc8
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) September 18, 2020
“We’ve listened closely to concerns that have been raised by our state and provider partners about potential unintended consequences of the proposed rule, which require further study. Therefore, CMS is withdrawing the rule from the regulatory agenda.” pic.twitter.com/0VSXmFrvWh
— Administrator Seema Verma (@SeemaCMS) September 14, 2020
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) September 16, 2020
Now Available: 2020 Change Review Process – CMS announces the availability of the 2020 Change Review Process for electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs). The CRP provides eCQM users the opportunity to review and comment on draft changes to the eCQM specifications and supporting resources under consideration by the measure steward. The goal of the CRP is for eCQM implementers to comment on the potential impact of draft changes to eCQMs so CMS and measure stewards can make improvements to meet CMS’s intent of minimizing provider and vendor burden in the collection, capture, calculation, and reporting of eCQMs.
Reminder: Submit Comments on the 2021 Proposed Rule for the QPP – On August 3, CMS released its proposed policies for the 2021 performance year of the Quality Payment Program via the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM). CMS is seeking comment on a variety of proposals in the NPRM. Comments are due no later than 5 p.m. EDT, on Monday, October 5.
CMS has posted additional guidance for using the Quality Reporting Document Architecture I (QRDA I) format to represent telehealth encounters for the Eligible Professional and Eligible Clinician electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) used in CMS quality reporting programs for the 2020 and 2021 performance periods. There is no change to the original guidance provided by CMS in July 2020.
The updated guidance is available on the Electronic Clinical Quality Improvement (eCQI) Resource Center.
- 2020 Quality Reporting – Updated Telehealth Guidance for eCQMs on the Eligible Professionals and Eligible Clinicians page for the 2020 Performance Period.
- 2021 Quality Reporting – Updated Telehealth Guidance for eCQMs on the Eligible Professionals and Eligible Clinicians page for the 2021 Performance Period.
MLN Matter Articles
- October 2020 Update of the Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System
- New Waivers for Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Hospitals, Long-Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs), and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) due to Provisions of the CARES Act — Revised
- Update to Hospice Payment Rates, Hospice Cap, Hospice Wage Index, and Hospice Pricer for FY 2021 — Revised
- October 2020 Update of the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS)
- Update to Hospice Payment Rates, Hospice Cap, Hospice Wage Index and Hospice Pricer for FY 2021
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Annual Update: Prospective Payment System (PPS) Pricer Changes for FY 2021
- Internet Only Manual Update to Pub. 100-04, Chapter 16, Section 60.1.2 and Pub. 100-04, Chapter 26, Section 10.4, Item 19
- Update to the Model Admission Questions for Providers to Ask Medicare Beneficiaries
- National Coverage Determination (NCD 30.3.3): Acupuncture for Chronic Low Back Pain (cLBP) — Revised