5th Annual Current and Future State of Interoperability, A Virtual Panel Discussion with Industry Leaders
When: Thursday, October 8, 2020
Time: 1:00 pm ET
Register for this event.
In March of 2020, CMS and ONC released two landmark rules impacting all industry stakeholders to bring widespread Interoperability to healthcare. Then COVID-19 hit.
On this year’s annual panel discussion, our moderator and panelists will discuss where the industry is headed now amidst the backdrop of government regulations and COVID.
Join moderator healthcare attorney Matt Fisher and this year’s line-up of industry leaders as the panel discusses:
- Lessons learned from COVID-19 for the U.S. as we continue to deal with the first global pandemic in 100 years
- CMS Interoperability and Patient Access Rule:
- What infrastructure will providers and payers need to support effective transmission and exchange of patient data?
- What security concerns need to be addressed?
- Has the delay, coupled with the pandemic, reduced organizational priority for interoperability?
- What should organizations be doing now to prepare for next year’s timeline?
- Enforcement of ONC Cures Act Rule on information blocking:
- What are the security gaps?
- How can privacy be advanced for non-HIPAA covered applications and interfaces?
- In what ways did the regulations get it right and where could the regulations be modified?
- COVID-19 has shown a need for global interoperability and common standards – how big a leap is this, given the difficulties in many countries of achieving interoperability within the borders of one country.
- Q & A
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company consisting of a portfolio of brands including IGN, Mashable, Humble Bundle, Speedtest, PCMag, Offers.com, Spiceworks, Everyday Health, BabyCenter and What To Expect in its Digital Media business and eFax, eVoice, iContact, Campaigner, VIPRE, IPVanish and KeepItSafe in its Cloud Services business.