ICYMI, here is recent communication from CMS.
ViVE 2023 in Nashville
Consider this panel on Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
CMMI was founded in 2010 with the lofty mission to fundamentally improve care and lower costs through the development and testing of new payment and service delivery models. Since then, there have been 5 Directors at its helm, across 3 different Administrations, who’ve jointly tested over 50 alternative payment models. Each Director putting their own mark on the mission before passing the proverbial torch to the next and the trials, triumphs and challenges along with it. Join CMMI’s current and former Directors to unpack the past decade of work. Have they strayed from their founding principles or are they closer than ever before? True healthcare reform is only as impossible as we believe it to be.
Register to Hear CMS Quality Program Updates
The next CMS Quality Programs Bi-Monthly Forum will be held on Tuesday, March 28 from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET. The webinar will provide important updates relevant to CMS’s Quality Measurement and Value-Based Incentives Group (QMVIG). Attendees of the forum will also have an opportunity to ask CMS subject matter experts questions on the QMVIG quality reporting programs and initiatives.
The forum will include updates and/or details on the following topics:
- Electronic Clinical Quality Improvement (eCQI) Resource Center;
- CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) I
- Implementation Guide (IG), Schematron, and Sample File;
- May 2023 HL7 FHIR Connectathon event; Annual Update Pre-Publication Document;
- Recap of eCQM Known Issues;
- Recap of EC eCQM Education & Outreach Webinar
- The Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program
- The Quality Payment Program, including the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
Approach to Person-Centered Care: Commitment to Patient Partnership Across the Model Lifecycle
The CMS Innovation Center invites you to join a virtual listening session as part of our continuing partnership with patients. This event will cover topics including:
- Updates on the Center’s patient and caregiver experience and engagement strategy;
- Key Innovation Center focus areas for 2023;
- How the Center is using tools, such as patient journey mapping, to promote partnership and to improve the beneficiary experience; and
- Recommendations from patients, caregivers, and their representatives to improve access, care coordination, and partnership in key Innovation Center priority areas.
The listening session is scheduled for Friday, March 31, from 2:30-3:30 PM ET. Please register here.
Don’t forget: March 31 at 8 p.m. ET is the deadline to submit your Merit-based Incentive Payment System (#MIPS) data for the 2022 performance year. Download our 2022 Data Submission User Guide for more information about the process: https://t.co/iTdQpRfYVU #QPP pic.twitter.com/l5TDJAp9bB
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 14, 2023
Now Available: Updated 2023 CMS QRDA I Implementation Guide (IG) and Schematron for Hospital Quality Reporting
CMS has published an update to the 2023 CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category I Implementation Guide (IG) and Schematron for Hospital Quality Reporting. This is an update to the IG version 1.1 published in January 2023.
Medicare Advantage Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model to be Extended
The Medicare Advantage (MA) Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model will be extended for calendar years 2025 through 2030 and will introduce changes intended to more fully address the health-related social needs of patients, advance health equity, and improve care coordination for patients with serious illness.
CMS is #hiring health industry #leaders, to serve as the Deputy Center #Director. To learn more, please visit https://t.co/6RP5BnqeA8. Apply by 4/1/23. pic.twitter.com/J1jM8TWbPF
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 23, 2023
Quality Payment Program
2021 Quality Payment Program (QPP) Performance Information Now Available on Care Compare
CMS added new 2021 Quality Payment Program (QPP) performance information for doctors, clinicians, groups, virtual groups, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to the Doctors and Clinicians section of Medicare Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog (PDC). CMS is required to report MIPS eligible clinicians’ final scores, MIPS eligible clinicians’ performances under each MIPS performance category, names of eligible clinicians in Advanced APMs and, to the extent feasible, the names and performance of such Advanced APMs. Performance information for doctors and clinicians is displayed using measure-level star ratings, percent performance scores, and checkmarks.
Not sure which Merit-based Incentive Payment System (#MIPS) measures and activities apply to your specialty for the 2023 performance year? Download our 2023 Specialty Guides for an overview: https://t.co/lLZURNXKCr #QPP pic.twitter.com/Cevb3qpB3S
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 22, 2023
Unable to attend one of our Quality Payment Program webinars? Visit our Webinar Library to find recordings, slides, and transcripts for all recent #QPP presentations: https://t.co/QLOE0jhHIu #MIPS pic.twitter.com/hHYDhaBZs6
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 22, 2023
Have questions about the process for filing a complaint about a #HIPAA covered entity’s possible noncompliance with Administrative Simplification standards? Our FAQs may be able to help: https://t.co/7XhRSRLApE #AdminSimp pic.twitter.com/QUaBICa0zF
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 22, 2023
Looking for more info about the benefits of standardized electronic health care transactions? Check out the CMS Administrative Simplification homepage to learn about #HIPAA standards for transactions, code sets, identifiers, and operating rules: https://t.co/litoXLnS1s #AdminSimp pic.twitter.com/zEgR0aizGe
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 20, 2023
Looking for more information about what makes up an electronic health care transaction and what standards apply under #HIPAA? Find resources and an overview here: https://t.co/gS546dvhUF #AdminSimp pic.twitter.com/yu3qXUZ8Fz
— CMSGov (@CMSGov) March 16, 2023
MLN Matters Articles
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System: April 2023 Update
- DMEPOS Fee Schedule: April 2023 Update
- Extension of Changes to the Low-Volume Hospital Payment Adjustment & the Medicare Dependent Hospital Program
- National Coverage Determination: Cochlear Implantation
- Patient Driven Payment Model: Claim Edit Enhancements — Revised
- HCPCS Codes Used for Skilled Nursing Facility Consolidated Billing: April 2023 Update
- ICD-10 & Other Coding Revisions to National Coverage Determinations: July 2023 Update
Claims, Pricers, & Codes
- Integrated Outpatient Code Editor: Version 24.1
- COVID-19: Don’t Report CR Modifier & DR Condition Code After Public Health Emergency
- Split (or Shared) Critical Care Visits: Billing Correction
- ICD-10 Coordination & Maintenance Committee: Meeting Materials & Deadlines
- HCPCS Application Summaries & Coding Decisions: Non-Drug & Non-Biological Items & Services
- Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database: April Update
- Home Health Prospective Payment System Grouper: April Update
- HCPCS Level II Coding: FAQs for Single Source Drugs & Biologicals
- National Correct Coding Initiative: No April Update
CMS Innovation Center
Save the date for a listening session on 3/31, 2:30-3:30P ET to see how we’ve been using #patients‘ & #caregivers’ feedback to inform our work and strategy: https://t.co/cEZxyxbntf. Hear from caregivers & patient reps. about improving access, #carecoordination, & more. pic.twitter.com/oREUB0PX0t
— CMS Innovation Ctr (@CMSinnovates) March 24, 2023
This just in! We’ve extended the Medicare Advantage Value-Based Insurance Design Model from 2025 to 2030 + made changes to better address #healthrelatedsocialneeds, advance #healthequity, & improve care coordination for patients w/#seriousillness: https://t.co/fMV6JQ2gtB pic.twitter.com/D6YhkW8eKs
— CMS Innovation Ctr (@CMSinnovates) March 23, 2023