Clinical Decision Support in Health IT
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is an agency operating under Health and Human Services (HHS) with a primary goal of improving access to health care services for the uninsured, isolated, or medically vulnerable. HRSA provides leadership and financial support to providers in every U.S. state and territory. As part of this goal, the agency hosts educational webinars for providers on a regular basis, many of which address health IT initiatives and challenges. On Friday, March 22 at 2:00 pm EDT the agency will hold its next event, Using Clinical Decision Support in Safety Net Provider Settings.
This webinar explores how safety net providers can implement and use a clinical decision support (CDS) system. A CDS complements an electronic health record, helping to ensure that all patients in a practice receive appropriate and timely preventive services and the right test, the right medication, and the right treatment. Meaningful use requires that each clinician implement one CDS rule relevant to his/her specialty or clinical priority along with the capability to track compliance with the rule.
Presenters, representing health centers and rural providers, will share their experiences using CDS to enhance their quality of care within a safety net provider setting. Issues to be discussed include:
- How CDS can be integrated into the existing workflow
- How to use CDS to ensure quality care across various health care providers
- How to leverage internal or external data to track compliance
- Clinical and Quality Leaders from the Community Health Center, Inc. Middletown, Connecticut
- Lisa Gall, DNP, RN, CFNP, LHIT-HP, Health IT Consultant Stratis Health/REACH, Bloomington, Minnesota
Previous HRSA Health IT and Quality Webinars can be accessed at the HRSA Health IT and Quality Webinar website.
HRSA has made several changes to the format of its monthly Health IT and Quality Webinars.
- HRSA’s Health IT & Quality Webinars are now completely internet enabled, allowing viewers to keep their phone lines free. Special dial-in numbers and passcodes will be made available to users with limited access to broadband or internet by emailing a request for a dial-in number to HRSA’s health IT mailbox: email@example.com
- HRSA’s Webinars are now available on Android and AppAt the request of our viewers, HRSA has begun using new software to enable participants to access the webinars through their Android and Apple mobile devices. For Android users, the webinars can be viewed through Adobe Flash. For Apple users, please download the free ReadyTalk app.
Questions for presenters can be emailed prior to Friday’s event at: firstname.lastname@example.org.