Extra! Extra! Read All About It.
Each year at HIMSS you will see bigger and better. It is why you come. But there is one thing that you can count on that doesn’t change. On every street corner you can get the Daily Insider from someone handing it to you. Well it actually isn’t a street corner it is every entrance or top and bottom of the escalators and of course you don’t have to pay or tip. It is free.
Here are just a few of the hundreds of announcements coming from HIMSS.
- AST is joining forces with Qualcomm Life to develop mobile access to live patient data from wireless solutions in the home-health environment that seamlessly connect doctors with vital patient information. Qualcomm Life Ventures announced last week an investment in AirStrip Technologies.
- The American Medical Association (AMA) and AT&T have formed a strategic alliance that will enable hundreds of thousands of physicians and physician organizations nationwide to connect and collaborate with hospitals, payers and patients to help enhance patient care and reduce costs.
- Imprivata Announces Secure Texting Application for Healthcare. First Healthcare Texting Solution Designed by Clinicians in Collaboration with Hospitals; Meets Physician Demand for Secure, Timely Communication.
- ICSA Labs Certifies First Hospital Under Its Electronic Health Record Testing Program. Kansas-Based Via Christi Health Earns EHR Certification for their Custom Solution.
- Winner of CardioEngagement Challenge to be Announced at HIMSS12. Award contestants asked to create game-changing way for patients to better manage their cardiovascular health. The winner of the competition will be announced by NPC at a VIP Awards Ceremony at the HIMSS12 Annual Conference & Exhibition in Las Vegas and awarded $100,000 to develop their idea.