If you missed out on last week’s Tweet chat on Health IT social media with Keith Boone and were curious as to what the experience of participating in a Twitter chat is like you’re in luck. Another expert we follow closely, Dr. Joseph Kim, will be hosting an inaugural Tweet chat on July 25 at noon Eastern/11 am Central. The topic is Health IT Education and Employment, the hashtag is #HITedu.
Dr. Joseph Kim was a recent guest on MU Live! talking about barriers and opportunities to EHR adoption. You can listen to the podcast of this show listed here as our Producer’s Pick. Dr. Kim is the President of MCM Education and founder of Founder of MedicineandTechnology.com and NonClinicalJobs.com.
The Tweet chat on Tuesday will be moderated by:
- Dr. Joseph Kim, @DrJosephKim
- Colleen Howes, Market Research Director of UW-Extension, @UWSystemeCampus
- JoAnn Klinedinst, Vice President, Professional Development of HIMSS, @HIMSS
- George Kroeninger, Associate Dean, UW-Extension Participating, @UWHIMT
Questions posed during the one hour chat will focus on:
- What healthcare innovations and technologies are on the horizon that students should know about?
- What health IT trends or issues need to be tackled by the next generation of health IT professionals?
- What are the fundamental principles of a sound health IT education? Academically? Professionally?
- For professionals new to the field, what does the health IT employment landscape look like?
If this will be the first time you’ve participated in a Tweet chat the process is simple. The hashtag or # symbol, in this case #HITedu, is your ticket in to joining the event. By including #HITedu in your tweet your message will be added to the #HITedu stream. You’ll need to include #HITedu somewhere in your tweet, generally at the end of your tweet.