Healthcare Billing & Management Association (HBMA) is hosting its third annual EHR Summit November 16-18 at The Talking Stick Resort in my home town area of Scottsdale, AZ.
HBMA represents 30,000 employees at over 600 companies. HBMA was founded in 1993 “by individuals who had a vision of a forum, rich in resources, to guide their collective efforts towards a highly professional image within the medical community.”
Highlights of the EHR Summit include:
Newcomer’s Session: Becoming the Trusted Advisor
- Reviews the concept, strategy, and objectives of becoming an EHR trusted advisor
- Implementation strategies
- Preparing practices for change
Vendor Selection with Mark Anderson of AC Group
- Be prepared to request and receive client specific demonstrations
- Vendor negotiations
- Contractual Considerations
Training for Meaningful Use
- Includes steps for validating numerator and denominator
- Addresses calculating “Transitions of Care”
- Provides depth in guidance of conducting a Security Risk analysis
Becoming the EHR Re-Engineer
Hands on sessions, roundables and work groups throughout the day three of the summit
Workflow and Process Management for EHR
- Discuss the importance of redesigning workflows and processes for EHR
- Identify practice workflows and processes impacted by EHR
- Review workflow and process mapping techniques
- Prepare for workflow changes throughout the practice
You can download a complete EHR Summit PDF Brochure here.
I’ll be attending and hope to see you there.