- Will private payers require EHR adoption and meaningful use? CSC releases a report outlining five reasons why they should consider jumping in.
- Will states tie meaningful use of EHRs to obtaining a medical license? Massachusetts, the state with mandatory health insurance and the leading state for EHR adoption is considering just that.
- Will the final and permanent certification program include the FDA? The Policy Committee is debating if they should be overseeing the safety of EHRs as well as well as monitor patient safety issues.
- The IFR for a temporary certification program for EHR’s was released and everyone is on the same playing field. No grandfather clause for CCHIT.
- The merger of Allscripts and Eclypsys will create one the largest US healthcare software operations. The combined client base includes 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations.
And not to forget the real game changer this week… USA beat Algeria!! Sweet 16…