VirtuSense Technologies, an Artificial Intelligence healthcare company, invited healthcare visionaries and thought leaders to its inaugural New Evolution in Healthcare Technology Summit (NEXT Summit) to discuss the future of healthcare delivery, and how emerging technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence and machine learning, are transforming healthcare delivery. The event took place on August 5th at Bradley University’s Convergence Center in Peoria, Illinois.
The event was attended by several notable attendees and speakers, including:
- Seema Verma, the former administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Retired U.S. Air Force Major General Gary Dylewski
- Ray Gensinger, MD, CIO, Hospital Sisters Health System
- Michael Cruz, MD, CEO of the Central Region of OSF Healthcare and COO of OSF Healthcare
- Imran Amjad Andrabi, MD, President and CEO, ThedaCare
- Dan Hermann, President & CEO, Ziegler
- Danika Fry, Executive Director, Healthcare Investment Banking at Morgan Stanley
Here are three key takeaways from the NEXT Summit:
- Not all Healthcare Solutions are Created Equal
Today’s healthcare solutions run the gamut of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Understanding what solutions fit right for your organization is instrumental in meeting your goals. Before implementing a new tool, the essential first question that must be asked is how the new solution will meet your organization’s goals, whether clinical, financial, or administrative. Without an answer to this question, obtaining buy-in from your organization will be an uphill battle.
- How Lessons from the COVID Pandemic Can Help Organizations Become Sustainable
While we seem to be nearing the end of the COVID pandemic, there are many fallouts that are impacting us today, including a volatile hiring market, inflation, and supply chain issues. It is more critical than ever to embrace technology solutions that will help address some of the more detrimental impacts from COVID to safeguard the sustainability of healthcare organizations. Tools to alleviate staff burnout, transform care from reactive to proactive, and reduce skyrocketing healthcare costs must be a priority for caregivers.
- Artificial Intelligence is the Future of Healthcare Delivery
Artificial Intelligence is all around us, and leading the way in the development of popular consumer goods such as cars, phones, TVs, and dozens of other everyday devices. The time is now to embrace Artificial Intelligence in healthcare delivery to help make care proactive. Artificial Intelligence will not replace the physicians, nurses, and care teams that are so incredibly valuable to our healthcare system – rather this power tool can be developed and implemented to alert care teams before adverse events occur, thus guiding better outcomes.
I invite you to check out the NEXT Summit website for more information about this year’s event.