Just the Facts from Joe Friday
The numbers and facts you are about to see are all true… As of 2/28/2014
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the most recent numbers for the EHR Incentive programs. Here are some Program-to-date highlights from this latest CMS report – February.
- Active registrations of those completed totaled 458,137 breaking down with 302,244 Medicare EPs, 151,182 Medicaid EPs, and 4,711 hospitals.
- 50 States and 5 territories are open Medicaid registration. For links to states’ Medicaid EHR Incentive Program websites, please see your State EHR Incentive Program Milestones and Web Resources guide.
- A total of 355,557 unique providers have been paid with breakdown of 224,150 Medicare EPs, 114,539 Medicaid EPs, 4,515 eligible hospitals, and 12,353 Medicare Advantage Organizations for EPs.
- 39,018 EPs have received a HPSA bonus payment for program years 2011 and 2012.
- 3,216 hospitals have received payments under both Medicare and Medicaid (of those, 583 were CAHs).
- A total of $21,612,234,517 has been paid out in the program to date.
- Medicare EPs have been paid $4,432,652,108 with the majority of those, Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy receiving $3,976,738,457.
- Medicaid EPs have been paid $2,710,123,052 with the majority of those, Physicians receiving $1,919,975,572.
- Eligible hospitals have been paid $14,153,754,571 with Medicare only $548,710,911, Medicaid only $327,121,779, and Medicare/Medicaid $13,277,921,881.
- Medicare Advantage Organizations For Eligible Professionals have been paid $315,704,786.
- Medicaid EHR Incentive payments began in January 2011 and Medicare EHR Incentive payments began in May 2011.
Visit the Data and Program Reports page on the CMS web site for the most up to date numbers on the EHR Incentive programs. For charting and analysis of this information, check out the Meaningful Use dataset on the HealthIT.gov Dashboard.
Have a good weekend.