Mark Your Calendar
The Deloitte Center for Health Solutions is the health services research arm for Deloitte. The Center regularly hosts events to keep interested parties and stakeholders up to speed to speed. Two such events are right around the corner.
“Live from the Center” – After the Sequester
Date: April 4, 1:00 pm ET
Description: The full impact of sequestration is still unknown. Congress is moving toward a continuing resolution to authorize federal spending for the remainder of fiscal year 2013. In April, the debt ceiling will require Congressional authorization of long-term deficit reduction efforts intended to stabilize our economy. How might these changes impact health care?
- Impact of sequestration and the continuing resolution on federal and state government programs (Medicare, Medicaid, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, etc.)
- How these and the “grand bargain” are likely to impact implementation of the Affordable Care Act (including long-term proposals for entitlement reforms)
- Ways health insurance companies, hospitals, and medical technology and biopharma manufacturers are preparing
To join the conversation on April 4, click here.
Managing Security and Privacy for Health Care
Date: April 9, 2013 1:00 pm
Description: Harry Greenspun, M.D, Senior Advisor, Health Care Transformation & Technology, will host this informative event. New models of care and collaboration, new technologies, amplified mobile use, and increased consumerism are shifting how data and personal health information is shared. How can health care organizations address resulting amplified risks? This event will look at:
- How health care system changes are creating more complex organizations and security needs for industry constituents.
- Organizational and financial risks faced by life sciences and health care companies as they manage an increasing amount of data.
- Potential impacts of data breaches on organizations.
Attendees will learn how to more effectively manage their security and privacy functions as health care continues to evolve.
Learn more and/or register here.
You can also listen to Dr. Greenspun on his January MU Live! guest stint discussing the role of mHealth in transforming healthcare.