The following is email communication from CMS.
CMS is updating select electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) that eligible professionals and eligible hospitals will electronically report in 2016. These versions of the measures were posted on CMS’ website on May 1, 2015 for the annual update of the 2014 measure set. Errors have been found in the XML renderings of 12 eligible professional eCQMs and 4 eligible hospital eCQMs. Corrections for these measures should affect only those who are electronically consuming the Healthcare Quality Measures Format (HQMF).
The measures that are affected in this update are listed below.
- CMS128v4, Anti-depressant Medication Management
- CMS136v5, ADHD: Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Medication
- CMS137v4, Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment
- CMS145v4, Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): Beta-Blocker Therapy-Prior Myocardial Infarction (MI) or Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVEF <40%)
- CMS155v4, Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents
- CMS156v4, Use of High-Risk Medications in the Elderly
- CMS160v4, Depression Utilization of the PHQ-9 Tool
- CMS182v5, Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Complete Lipid Panel and LDL Control
- CMS52v4, HIV/AIDS: Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (PCP) Prophylaxis
- CMS61v5, Preventive Care and Screening: Cholesterol – Fasting Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL-C) Test Performed
- CMS64v5, Preventive Care and Screening: Risk-Stratified Cholesterol -Fasting Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL-C)
- CMS69v4, Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up Plan
- CMS9v4, Exclusive Breast Milk Feeding
- CMS171v5, Prophylactic Antibiotic Received Within One Hour Prior to Surgical Incision
- CMS172v5, Prophylactic Antibiotic Selection for Surgical Patients
- CMS188v5, Initial Antibiotic Selection for Community-Acquired Pneumonia (CAP) in Immunocompetent Patients
For More Information
CMS is currently working on these corrections and will be re-posting these measures on the eCQM Library Page on CMS.gov on or before July 1, 2015