Live Stream ICD-10 Update Meeting on March 5
The ICD-9-CM Coordination and Maintenance Committee will hold an ICD-10 Update meeting on Tuesday, March 5 from 9 am–5 pm ET. Pat Brooks, Senior Technical Advisor with the CMS Hospital and Ambulatory Policy Group will provide an update on ICD-10. The meeting schedule will be:
- 9am-12:30pm: ICD-10-PCS and ICD-9-CM procedure presentations with public comment
- 12:30pm-1:30pm: Lunch break
- 1:30pm-5pm: Diagnosis presentation with public comment
The meeting is also being webcast on the CMS website at www.cms.gov/live/. A conference line will also be available for those participants who are unable to view the webcast or attend in person. Call in number is: 1-877-267-1577 Meeting ID: 6601.
The primary purpose of the meeting is discuss various announcements and updates to ICD-10. On October 1, 2014, current ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets. This transition to ICD-10 is required for all providers covered under HIPAA. Topics covered in the day-long meeting include:
- Implementation Announcements
- MS-DRG v30 mainframe and PC Software
- Conversions of National Coverage Determinations
- Impact Analysis
- POA Exempt List
- New formatting for ICD-10-PCS addendum
No registration is required to view the live stream webcast or to call in. If you are looking to attend in person you can register online.
Looking to stay up to date on ICD-10? CMS provides a number of resources:
- Sign up for CMS ICD-10 Industry Email Updates
- View the ICD-10 Introduction fact sheet and FAQs to get a general overview on ICD-10.
- Check out CMS’ official resources to help providers, payers, vendors, and non-covered entities with the transition to ICD-10.
- View two free Medscape Education modules and this article providing best practices and tips for transition. CME credits are available for completing the modules though anyone can access them and receive a certificate of completion.