Visit the Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs Events Page for Access to this Year’s Presentations
If you missed this year’s HIMSS conference last month or went but didn’t get to all the CMS presentations, they are now available for everyone on their site. From meaningful use to the new MIPS program, CMS was presenting and listening as on these programs as we move forward.
CMS Educational Sessions at HIMSS16
Tuesday, March 1
- CMS EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017 Overview (Session #26) – CMS hosted a session to provide an overview of the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015, 2016 and 2017. CMS subject matter experts discussed topics such as participation requirements, key program deadlines, payment adjustments, and participation updates.
- CMS Listening Session: EHR Incentive Programs in 2018 & Beyond (Session #56) – CMS experts discussed the EHR Incentive Programs beginning in 2018; outlined possible requirements; and discussed the future of the program. A segment of the session was dedicated to attendee engagement and feedback regarding the program.
Wednesday, March 2
- CMS Listening Session: Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) (Session #101) – CMS hosted a listening session on the new Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) legislation. CMS subject matter experts explained important changes related to how Medicare will pay health care providers who care for Medicare beneficiaries under MACRA, and outlined the transition to the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program under the new law. Presenters discussed how the new payment model structure will align with HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell’s Delivery System Reform Goals and the agency’s overall quality strategy goals. A segment of the session was dedicated to attendee engagement and feedback regarding MACRA and/or MIPS.
- CMS Electronic Clinical Quality Measurement (eCQM) Development and Reporting (Session #131) – CMS presented on the current and the future states of eCQM development. Experts addressed challenges and explored new initiatives from CMS and its partners to improve the process of developing eCQMs in the future.
Thursday, March 3
- CMS Person and Family Engagement: Incentivizing Advances that Matter to Consumers (Session #234) – CMS hosted a panel discussion to explore how patient engagement aligns with HHS Secretary Burwell’s Delivery System Reform goals and the goals of the agency’s overall quality strategy. Panelists included agency, provider, and patient representatives who explored practical applications to incentivize patient engagement in health IT.
For More Information