The Beacon Community Experience: Illuminating the Path Forward Lessons from the field: Using health IT to improve health
The Beacon Community Program, Videocast: Wed, May 22, 2013, 9:00-11:00 am ET
The Beacon Community Program is a federally funded project designed to increase the quality, efficiency and sustainability of health care through health information technology (health IT). Each of the 17 Beacon Communities is building and strengthening local health IT infrastructure, testing innovative approaches for using connected technology to improve care delivery and making measurable improvements that benefit both individual and population health. As the nation modernizes its health care systems and transforms payment models, the Beacon Community experience will provide insight to others on their health care improvement journey.
This year the Beacon Communities have entered the final phase of the program. Please join us as expert faculty discuss the Beacon Community experience and translate how lessons learned can illuminate the path forward.
How to Participate:
During this videocast meeting, you will learn about:
- The different ways that health IT can support better health, better care at lower costs
- How the availability of electronic information and data can support population health
- How communities can prepare for scalable health IT-enabled quality improvements and data sharing
- How local and shared health IT investments support emerging payment models across states and communities
- Farzad Mostashari, MD, ScM, National Coordinator, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT
- Carol Beasley, MPPM, Vice President, Business Development, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Asaf Bitton, MD, MPH, FACP, Division of General Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Advisor at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, & On-Air Analyst on Health Policy for the PBS NewsHour
- Patrick Gordon, Director of Government Programs, Rocky Mountain Health Plans & Program Director, Colorado Beacon Consortium
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Director, Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, Senior Fellow, Economic Studies, Leonard D. Schaeffer Chair in Health Policy Studies, Brookings Institution