Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate (@jimtate). Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Brennan Bennett (@bbennett03) the Founder of Blockchain Healthcare Review which covers emerging developments in the world of health information technology in distributed systems. His consultancy delivers blockchain technical, business and strategic advisement for healthcare applications.
News and Noted
Blockchain-Based Healthcare Firm Achieves Settlement with SEC Over Unregistered ICO
According to the latest reports, the SEC, short for the Securities and Exchange Commission, has settled the charges with SimplyVital Health, Inc. The Commission had pressed an Administrative Proceeding against the company offering blockchain-based solutions for the healthcare industry in the previous week for the firm’s unregistered Initial Coin Offering during 2017-2018. As per the SEC, the blockchain firm based in New England had offered and sold securities worth about 6.3 million dollars to the public in unregistered transactions.
IBM, Chainyard Launch Blockchain Network for Supply Chain Management
IBM (@IBMBlockchain) is teaming with Chainyard (@chainyard) to launch a blockchain network to boost supply chain management for pharmaceutical companies, as well as firms in other industries. The new blockchain network, called Trust Your Supplier, is designed to improve supplier qualification, validation, onboarding and life cycle information management, IBM explained in a news release.
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) August 18, 2019
Has Blockchain in Healthcare Stalled?
Quick read – take a stand. Visithttps://t.co/EMIuQ4pE4R#blockchain #healthcare #healthpolicy #healthsystems #interoperability #Bostonnnovation #HIT #AI #genomics #tokenization #econometrics #drugsupplychain #medicaldevices #evidencebased pic.twitter.com/HZjFdvNZcp
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) August 16, 2019
— Blockchain HIT (@BlockchainHIT) August 5, 2019
— Blockchain HIT (@BlockchainHIT) August 4, 2019
Blockchain Solutions for Healthcare: Infographic 2019
Cryptochain Sphere (@CryptochainSph) has explored in detail on the current issues faced by healthcare as well as the value that blockchain technology brings to the current healthcare industry. Refer to this post for a better understanding of the infographic providing blockchain solutions relevant to healthcare.
AI and Blockchain: The Future of the Healthcare Industry?
The healthcare industry has been stage to some impressive technological applications. Be it at the research center, in a clinical trial, or a treatment facility, technology has been the leading player behind the scenes and on stage. The medical world has leveraged technologies successfully to enhance imaging machines, to create state of the art operating tools and to make great leaps in the pharmaceutical industry. Continually working together, technology has become the primary foundation of modern healthcare. Continue reading…
Healthcare’s Leading Financial Challenges and Opportunities in 2019
The healthcare industry is facing an urgent need to reduce costs and increase revenue. Research from the Healthcare Advisory Council reveals the not-for-profit health system will need between $40 million and $44 million annually in cost avoidance over the next eight years to maintain a sustainable margin. The challenge is significant, but emerging technologies and innovative strategies are creating opportunities for greater efficiency, better patient care and decreased costs, according to executives and other leaders in healthcare. Continue reading…
Converge2Xcelerate 2019 Conference
Early Birds catch the worm!
Register before August 23rd to save 10% on your FULL DAY ALL ACCESS PASS!
Get them before the price goes up! #ConV2X2019 #blockchain #telehealth #Boston #bostontech #bostonevents #connectedcare pic.twitter.com/sFsoGkEJf2
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) August 16, 2019
Explore the blockchain ecosystem at the next #Blockchainexpo 13-14th November, Santa Clara.
Come join 12000+ attendees, 500+ speakers & 350+ exhibitors at the co-located IoT, 5g, AI & Big Data, Cyber Security & Cloud Expo.
— The Block (@TheBlockNews) August 12, 2019
The BlockChain Event
The 5th Annual #BlockchainEvent will highlight case studies from industries of all types, #Sports, #SocialMedia #Finance #Marketing #Healthcare & more. Register today for 20% off early bird rates. https://t.co/Se9zBwdejA#Blockchain #SmartContracts #TECHSUPERSHOW pic.twitter.com/F9JysGznM7
— The Blockchain Event (@BlockchainEvent) August 13, 2019
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Pixel Privacy – What Is The Blockchain? – The word blockchain is on everyone’s lips right now. Although you might not really understand what “blockchain” means, chances are you’ve heard people talk about it (a lot). Some people believe it will change our world for the better, and it will replace the banks that we currently know – or similar extravagant things. Although the blockchain came to the general public’s attention when the crypto market absolutely exploded, the majority of the people still don’t understand how it works, what it’s used for or what all the fuss is about.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
- Toshi Times -Global cryptofinance news outlet covering Bitcoin, Ethereum, altcoins and the entire blockchain space.
Who To Follow