EHR Incentive Program Update
“Just the facts ma’am.”
Sometimes the raw data just says it all.
- 500 EHR Products now certified by ONC-ATCB, visit ONC’s Certified Health IT Product List .
- As of April 4, 13 states have launched their Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, and six states have issued incentive payments to Medicaid EPs who have adopted, implemented, or upgraded certified EHR technology.
- In the first year the Direct Project announced that over 60 health care and health IT organizations, including many state-based and private-sector health information exchanges, leading IT vendors, and several leading integrated delivery systems, have planned support for the Direct Project.
- March 2011 – Blumenthal said that regional extension centers, which ONC established to assist primary providers with overcoming the technical hurdles to adopting EHRs, have signed up 50,000 providers nationwide.
- March 2011 – Almost 34,000 providers have registered with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to participate in the meaningful use incentive program to date.
- March 2011 – The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has paid out nearly $37.6 million so far in Medicaid payments in four states.
Dragnet trivia fact: The catchphrase “Just the facts, ma’am” from Dragnet was never actually uttered by Joe Friday. The closest lines were, “All we want are the facts, ma’am” and “All we know are the facts, ma’am”.