On August 2, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (@CMSGov) issued the Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) and the Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTCH) Prospective Payment System (PPS) final rule.
The FY 2020 IPPS and LTCH final rule changes the Query of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) optional measure from a numerator/denominator response to a yes/no attestation beginning this year (calendar year 2019).
Promoting Interoperability Programs Changes in 2020 and Beyond
The rule also includes changes to the Promoting Interoperability Programs in 2020 and beyond, including:
- Minimum EHR reporting period of any continuous 90-day period in calendar year (CY) 2021 for new and returning participants
- Conversion of Query of PDMP measure from required to optional and eligible for five bonus points in CY 2020
- Removal of Verify Opioid Treatment Agreement measure beginning in CY 2020
- Requirement that EHR technology be certified to all electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) available to report for CY 2020 reporting period
- Aligning the CQM submission requirements with those of the Hospital IQR program for reporting period in CY 2021
- eCQM reporting period of one, self-selected quarter of discharge data for four self-selected eCQMs in Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program for CY 2020 and subsequent reporting years
For more information on the Promoting Interoperability Programs, visit the Promoting Interoperability Programs website.