The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) would like to remind clinicians of important upcoming Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) dates and deadlines:
November 30, 2023
- Last day to register to report a MIPS Value Pathway (MVP) for the 2023 performance year. Learn more about MVP registration.
- MIPS eligibility for the 2023 performance year will be finalized after the release of the August 31 APM snapshot data.
- QP determinations and MIPS APM participation information will be available on the QPP Participation Status Tool.
- Initial eligibility to participate in MIPS for the 2024 performance year will be released on the QPP Participation Status Tool.
December 31, 2023
- Last day of the 2023 performance year, after which clinicians will no longer be able to collect data for the year.
- 2024 performance year virtual group election period closes at 11:59 p.m. ET, after which prospective applicants will no longer be able to submit, revise, or retract their elections.
January 2, 2024
- QPP Exception Application window closes at 8 p.m. ET for MIPS eligible clinicians reporting traditional MIPS, an MVP, or the APM Performance Pathway (APP) who want to submit a MIPS Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception Application or MIPS Promoting Interoperability Performance Category Hardship Exception Application for the 2023 performance year.
- Data submission period opens for the 2023 performance year.