The theme for this year’s Convention & Exhibit is “Inspiring Leadership: Influencing Change.” 2018 will be a year of renewed focus on building relationships, mentoring, and leveraging our strengths to help move the industry forward. Plan to join over 4,000 healthcare professionals and leaders at the most anticipated event in health information. Connect with an engaging community, discuss best practices and innovative solutions, and network with peers all while enjoying tropical Miami, FL.
To Attend or Not to Attend, That is the Question
Not sure if you should attend or if it’s too late to register? AHIMA’s 90th Convention & Exhibit offers recognition, education, and networking opportunities to a wide spectrum of healthcare professionals and stakeholders. It is the perfect meeting for students to senior executives, in a variety of roles and settings to reflect the emerging importance, and use, and protection of information across the healthcare eco-system. Reference AHIMA’s list of professionals who should attend. It is not too late to register! Advanced registration pricing is offered through September 21st!
Still unsure? Preview this video all about AHIMA’s 90th Convention and Exhibit with Diann H. Smith, MS, RHIA, CHP, FAHIMA 2018 President and Chair AHIMA and Cortnie Simmons MHA, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, PMP 2017 – 2018 President FHIMA.
General Session Speakers Who Will Inspire You
Back by Popular Demand…Point/Counterpoint Session on Healthcare featuring:
- Donna Brazile – Former Chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC)
- Karl Rove – Conservative, Strategist
Other Confirmed Speakers:
- Dr. Delos Cosgrove, Former CEO of Cleveland Clinic – Delos M. Cosgrove MD, led Cleveland Clinic as president and CEO from 2004 through 2017. He now serves as an executive advisor to the $8 billion healthcare system, which includes a main campus, 10 regional hospitals, 18 family health and surgery centers, and hospitals and clinics in Florida, Nevada, Toronto, Canada, Abu Dhabi, UAE, and London (opening 2020). Under his leadership, Cleveland Clinic became the number two ranked hospital in America (U.S. News & World Report).
- Victoria Labalme, Performing Artist and Communications Expert – Victoria Labalme believes a hidden genius is inside you. Her aim: to help you express it and transform even the simplest daily communication into a work of art. A graduate of Stanford University and founder of Risk Forward® and Rock the Room®, Ms. Labalme has worked with more than 700 companies and organizations helping people communicate, connect, and come alive.
Pre-Convention Opportunities and Daily Schedule
Flying into Miami over the weekend? Be sure to make the most of your time and take advantage of the Pre-Convention Sessions and Workshops. There will also be some welcome receptions for attendees and a research networking meet up prior to Monday’s start. Once you’ve planned your Pre-Convention activities delve into organizing your daily schedule with AHIMA’s Meeting Planner tool for the rest of the convention.
Come to the Exhibit Hall for the Welcome Reception on Sunday, September 23 from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m. to connect with over 100 exhibitors, sponsors and fellow attendees in a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere. The AHIMA Exhibit Hall is essential to an attendee’s experience, because it combines networking with product education in a festive social setting, not to mention some great giveaways. Don’t miss it!
Next week in #Miami we will be at #AHIMACON18! Stop by booth #224, grab a pair of @Alpha_II shades, take a selfie and be entered to win a #YETI cooler. That’s not our only perk, learn what #REimagineREimbursement can mean for you! pic.twitter.com/rFux8Wxaqy
— Alpha II (@Alpha_II) September 17, 2018
Visit the exhibit floor at the 2018 AHIMA Convention & Exhibit to:
- Make contact with potential business partners
- Connect with current business partners
- Talk face-to-face with people who are knowledgeable about products and able to answer your specific questions
- Gather information on the latest products and services in the industry
- Identify industry trends and find out the latest news