The deadline to submit 2019 data for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) (@CMSGov) Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program is March 2, 2020.
As a reminder, in 2018, CMS transitioned to the QualityNet System (also known as CMS’s Hospital Quality Reporting [HQR] system) for hospitals that attest to CMS for the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program. By transitioning to one system, CMS continues in their effort to streamline data submission methods.
Specific submission details for each program are listed below.
- Medicare Eligible Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) – These participants must attest to CMS through the QualityNet Secure Portal.
- Medicaid Eligible Professionals (EPs), Eligible Hospitals, CAHs – These participants should follow the requirements of their State Medicaid agencies to submit their meaningful use attestation.
- Dual-Eligible Hospitals and CAHs – Those who qualify for both the Medicare and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Programs are required to demonstrate meaningful use to CMS through the QualityNet Secure Portal (not their State Medicaid agency).
Registering on Behalf of a Medicaid EP?
An EP can designate a third party to register and attest on his or her behalf. To do so, users working on behalf of an EP must have an Identity and Access Management System (I&A) web user account (User ID/Password) and be associated with the EP’s National Provider Identifier (NPI). If you are working on behalf of one or more EPs and do not have an I&A web user account, please visit I&A Security Check to create one.
Note: States and territories will not necessarily offer the same functionality for registration and attestation in the Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program. Check with your state or territory’s Promoting Interoperability Program to see what functionality is offered.
- QualityNet Secure Portal
- Eligible Hospital Information Webpage
- QualityNet Secure Portal Enrollment and Login User Guide
For More Information
Visit the Registration and Attestation page on the CMS Promoting Interoperability Programs website.
Medicare & dual-eligible hospitals participating in the Medicare & Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Programs may contact the QualityNet help desk for assistance at 1 (866) 288-8912 or firstname.lastname@example.org.