The Stage 1 Meaningful Use Core and Menu Set objectives seem to make sense for a primary care provider, but what about specialists? If you are a Psychiatrist your visits probably don’t include routine vital signs. Not too many ophthalmologists are giving immunizations. How does a radiologists determine their patient encounters? Are you a hospital based Nephrologist? CMS defines a hospital based provider as one who delivers over 90% of their care in a facility designated with service code 21 (inpatient hospital) or 23 (emergency room). Hospital based providers are NOT eligible for this program.
Specialist can claim exceptions to meaningful use criteria that are out of scope of their specialty. At closer look, the specialist also has some flexibility in their reporting requirements for Quality Measures. Navigating the meaningful use objective exclusions and clinical quality measure reporting is the key to the specialist achieving meaningful use.
HITECH Answers will detail Objective Exclusions and Quality Measures for Eligible Professionals that are specialists at an upcoming e-learning event.
Presented by our own Jim Tate, the nation’s leading expert on Meaningful Use and Certified EHR Technology, topics for this event will include:
- What are the allowable exclusions in the Core and Menu Set of Stage 1 Objectives?
- How are the exclusions claimed?
- How will the 90 day vs. full year reportable period affect the ability to claim exclusions?
- How can a specialist report the required Quality Measures?
- What if none of the Quality Measures apply?
By registering for this event you will also receive:
- Our exclusive 40 page report: The Incentive Roadmap for Specialists – Stage 1 Meaningful Use
- 6-week No Cost trial of Apex Health Systems Meaningful Use Compliance Suite – HITECH Compliance Program. Click here for details.
- Tool kit of forms and checklists to help establish an implementation process.
- A recording of the e-learning session post event.
Who benefits from attending this event:
- Physician Specialists needing specific answers on how to properly demonstrate and attest to meaningful use of a certified EHR.
- Practice administrators/managers responsible for researching the process of MU.
- Implementation specialists or consultants seeking expertise and clarification.
Space is limited. Upon payment, hit Return to HITECH Answers for registration information and confirmation.
Click here for payment and registration