Overview of Stage 2 Final Rules
If you missed Friday’s How to Play by the (Final) Rules: An Overview of Meaningful Use Stage 2 & the Standards and Certification Criteria Final Rules you’re in luck. The webinar will be repeated twice this week and is also available to view as a video.
NeHC will host both CMS and the ONC for this webinar that walks through both the rules.You can register to participate in the second repeat programs this week:
Thursday, August 30, 2012
12:00-1:30 PM ET
Rob Anthony is from the Office of E-Health Standards and Services of CMS. He will give an overview of the Incentive Programs and Meaningful Use in Stage 2. He will discuss the feedback received that was incorporated in the final rule and what it means for those ready to move to stage 2. He will also be taking questions from the attendees.
Steve Posnack is Director of the Federal Policy Division at the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC). He will give an overview of the 2014 Edition Standards and Certification Criteria final rule. Steve will discuss the revised definition for Certified EHR Technology, identify changes from the proposed rule, and give his insight into the next steps.
Resources for the Stage 2 Final Rules
- HHS News Release – HHS announces next steps to promote use of electronic health records and health information exchange
- ONC Final Rule: The Health Information Technology: Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition; Revisions to the Permanent Certification Program for Health Information Technology.
- ONC Fact Sheet on final rule.
- HealthIT.gov Meaningful use stage 2 web page.
- CMS Final Rule: Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program–Stage 2
- CMS Fact Sheet on final rule.
About the NeHC
National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) is a public-private partnership that enables secure and interoperable nationwide health information exchange to advance health and improve health care. NeHC was established through a grant from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) to build on the accomplishments of the American Health Information Community (AHIC), a federal advisory committee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) until 2008, and is led by some of the nation’s most respected thought leaders in healthcare and health IT.
Rob Anthony will also be our guest on a special one hour MU Live! on September 11, 2 pm Eastern. You can sign up here to receive notification on how to tune in and participate.