Spotlight on State Exchange: Indiana Health Information Exchange
In 2004, the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) was launched to help lower Indiana’s staggering healthcare expenses and improve the state’s consistent poor rankings in leading health indicators, including obesity, smoking, diabetes and heart disease. IHIE is a non-profit organization formed by the Regenstrief Institute, private hospitals, local and state health departments, BioCrossroads and other healthcare and community organizations in Indiana. It operates the nation’s largest health information exchange. The network serves an area with a population of about six million people and over 25,000 physicians throughout the country.
In 2010, an IHIE-led coalition was selected as an HHS Health IT Beacon Community. This effort showcases how IHIE’s robust health IT network can enhance patient care and improve outcomes while promoting a better, safer and more efficient healthcare system.
- Indiana Network for Patient Care – Nation’s largest inter-organizational Clinical Data Repository
- DOCS4DOCS Service – Clinical Message Delivery
- Quality Health First Program & Public Reporting – Clinical Quality Measures
- ImageZone – Cloud-based diagnostic quality image sharing
- Professional Services – Planning and advisory services for HIE
- IHIE Brochure
- IHIE Beacon Community Proposal
- Operational and Strategic Plan
- White paper – Building Effective Data Governance Models, Policies and Agreements in a HITECH World
- Current Participating Facilities
Latest News – August 2013 – Predixion Software and IHIE Form Strategic Partnership to Reduce Preventable Hospital Readmissions – Predixion Software, a developer of collaborative predictive analytics solutions, and the IHIE announced a strategic partnership to jointly develop predictive health analytics solutions to be offered by IHIE to accountable care organizations (ACOs) and hospitals across Indiana. More than 90 of Indiana’s 120 hospitals are connected to IHIE. The first module available from the collaboration will be Predixion Readmission Insight™, a predictive solution for reducing preventable hospital readmissions. Read IHE News.
Name: Indiana Health Information Exchange
Provider Information: IHIE Resource Toolkit. To sign up or request additional information, call 317.644.1752, 877-435-7343 or email: email@example.com
Contact: Contact information
Social Media: Twitter @IndianaHIE, LinkedIn Page, Slideshare IHIE site.