That’s a wrap on the 5th annual HLTH conference at The Venetian Expo in Las Vegas. As usual it did not disappoint. From the star speakers to the up and coming startups, this year seemed to incorporate even more of the healthcare ecosystem than represented before. We particularly notice our health IT space was more present. Read all our coverage on HLTH 2022. And we had a few of our radio hosts their reporting this year too. And in the spirit of the now famous HLTH avatars, here is my lighting round wrap up.
News and Announcements
Like all conferences, exhibiting companies like to share news, make announcements, and launch products. We picked up a few to announce like:
- Gozio Health and Artera Launch Deeper Partnership and Integrations to Create More Seamless Digital Experience for Patients
- Jefferson Collaborates with MDClone to Accelerate Academic Research
- Consensus Cloud Solutions Unveils Conductor Integration Platform
- BrainCheck Awarded $1.5M Grant by US Small Business Innovation Research Program to Measure Effectiveness of Digital Cognitive Care Management Platform
- Highmark Health, Google Cloud, and League Open the Digital Front Door to a Seamless Health Experience – And thank you Tom Sullivan for the invite to your luncheon to meet the group involved and learn more about this!
Along with announcements several companies shared their new studies and reports.
- Galen Growth and FINN Partners -Global State of Digital Health Report
- Notable: New Patient Survey
- AMA: Blueprint for Optimizing Digitally Enabled Care
- HITRUST: Cyber Hygiene Assessment and 3rd Party Risk Management Playbook
Who did I hear worth mentioning?
- ONC Micky Tripathi – He spoke on creating the ecosystem for the 21st Century digital health care system.
- Calm Health David Ko and Jay Shetty. 400 million engagements on their site and APP convinced them they are players and they are moving their consumer product to the healthcare arena.
- CMS Chiquita Brooks-LaSure says people are not speaking the same language in healthcare. We are seeing things we have never seen before in population health. And the big news was the passage of CMS ability to negotiate drug prices.
- Walgreens Boot Alliance CEO Roz Brewer. They are a global innovator in rural pharmacy. We must understand that healthcare is local and Walgreens is delivering access and affordability. Continued discussion on consumer vs. patient that they see as the consumer. Walgreens and its competitors know how to mange and navigate payers and consumers.
Things I saw or heard that made me think.
- Congratulations to Dr. Tran Tu Huynh, Founder & CEO, @OpticSurg this year’s HLTH Startup Pitch Competition winner selected from 12 companies that pitched their products.
- Because your insurance type and status does relate to the care you receive – Micky Tripathi
- There is a Walgreens within 5 miles of most all homes in America – Roz Brewer
- Everything in the corporate world can wait a minute – Roz Brewer
Healthcare NOW Radio on HLTH
Our radio hosts were talking before, during, and after HLTH. Take a listen to these episodes now on-demand.