Join us every Friday at Five for our weekly top 5 favorites in the world of HIT and HITECH. This week our newest expert Mary Pat Whaley, FACMPE. Mary Pat is a Medical Practice Management Expert and Blogger and she gives us five signs that mean you probably are NOT ready to implement your EHR.
- Are you moving from a practice management system to a new EHR? Are you using the same vendor? Are there communication problems with the vendor?
- Is your current practice management system running with no “issues”?
- Do you have more that one locations? Have decisions be made on patient EMR being one “shared” record or individual records for each location? Have all your decisions on multi-location clinic been made?
- Is there a single “point person” running the show and keeping everything together?
- Is everyone that need to be, on board with the project? IS there lots of frustration and worried faces? Does everyone know their role in the implementation?