MU Live! to focus on Stage 2 Rulings
As we enter the dog days of August the entire industry awaits three critical final rules. The Final Rule on delaying ICD-10 is expected to arrive late August/early September. It is anticipated this rule will be followed by the final CMS Stage 2 Meaningful Use and ONC Certification. The NPRM for Stage 2 Meaningful Use was sent to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) last week, the last step before release and publication.
HITECH Answers popular MU Live! radio show returns August 14, 2 pm Eastern where we will focus almost exclusively on all three of these rulings in the coming weeks and throughout fourth quarter.
We will resume airing with our in-house experts, Jim Tate and Roberta Mullin, discussing these pending rules as well as what’s been happening in the land of meaningful use over the past six weeks. The show is meant to get our readers and MU Live! followers up to speed before we dive into the Final Rules that await.
Our guest schedule through August, September and October is an all star line up and includes:
- Eric Dishman, Director, Health Policy, Care Innovations—an Intel GE Company
- Dr. David Kibbe, Senior Policy Advisor for AAFP and leading voice on HIE
- John Tempesco, Leadership Advisory Board Member at eHealth Initiative, CMO at ICA
- Robert Anthony, CMS Specialist and policy expert on EHR Incentive Programs.
- Amit Trivedi, Program Manager – Healthcare at ICSA Labs
- Dr. Robert Rowley, Clinician, Consultant, Blogger
- Justin Barnes, Chairman Emeritus of the HIMSS EHR Association
- Rick Kam, PHI Project Chair at ANSI and President & Cofounder at ID Experts
- Dr. Harry Greenspun , Senior Advisor, Healthcare Transformation and Technology for the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions
MU Live! airs each Tuesday at 2 pm on HealthcareNOWradio.com. If you would like to get on the list to be notified by email of upcoming shows with these guests sign up below. You’ll receive an email with details of our guests and topics along with reminder instructions for tuning in.