Just the Facts from Joe Friday
The numbers and facts you are about to see are all true… As of 1/31/2014
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the most recent numbers for the EHR Incentive programs. Here are some Program-to-date highlights from this latest CMS report – January.
- Active registrations of those completed totaled 448,750 breaking down with 296,528 Medicare EPs, 147,520 Medicaid EPs, and 4,702 hospitals.
- 50 States and 5 territories are open Medicaid registration. For links to states’ Medicaid EHR Incentive Program websites, please see your State EHR Incentive Program Milestones and Web Resources guide.
- A total of 347,230 unique providers have been paid with breakdown of 218,186 Medicare EPs, 112,214 Medicaid EPs, 4,477 eligible hospitals, and 12,353 Medicare Advantage Organizations for EPs.
- 39,018 EPs have received a HPSA bonus payment for program years 2011 and 2012.
- 3,129 hospitals have received payments under both Medicare and Medicaid (of those, 553 were CAHs).
- A total of $20,937,048,827 has been paid out in the program to date.
- Medicare EPs have been paid $4,155,974,875 with the majority of those, Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy receiving $3,748,830,207.
- Medicaid EPs have been paid $2,626,108,484 with the majority of those, Physicians receiving $1,861,176,223.
- Eligible hospitals have been paid $13,839,260,682 with Medicare only $546,364,991, Medicaid only $315,243,025, and Medicare/Medicaid $12,977,652,666.
- Medicare Advantage Organizations For Eligible Professionals have been paid $315,704,786.
- Medicaid EHR Incentive payments began in January 2011 and Medicare EHR Incentive payments began in May 2011.
Visit the Data and Program Reports page on the CMS web site for the most up to date numbers on the EHR Incentive programs. For charting and analysis of this information, check out the Meaningful Use dataset on the HealthIT.gov Dashboard.
Have a good weekend.