August EHR Incentive Program Numbers Posted
Just the Facts from Joe Friday
The numbers and facts you are about to see are all true… As of 10/3/2012
CMS has updated and reported August numbers for their Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive programs. Here are some highlights.
- Program to Date (through August)
- Medicare active EP registrations – 192,016
- Medicaid active EP registrations – 91,130
- Hospital active registrations – 3,973
- Paid Providers – 74,317
- Paid to Providers – $1,267,068,609
- Paid Hospitals – 75,650
- Paid to Hospitals – $3,603,059,994
- 47 States have open registration and operating Medicaid EHR Incentive programs. The States we are still waiting on Medicaid Programs to begin are:
- 71 Hospitals have received an incentive payment in both Payment Year 1 and Payment Year 2.
- 4,362 EPs have received a HPSA bonus payment for a total of $7,840,436.
- Top three types of Doctors that have received payments are:
- Family Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Top three States that hospitals and EPs have received incentive payments to date are:
- Top three registration counts by States are:
- California (26,038)
- Texas (19,893)
- New York (17,525).