Attend the HIE Strategies Summit by Webcast
CMS invites you to watch a webcast panel discussion on state health information exchange (HIE) during the 2013 eHealth Summit on Friday, August 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. ET.
The panel will focus on CMS and state policy efforts for HIE development, including CMS strategies and funding to develop state infrastructure to support HIE for providers participating in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program.
CMS moderator Jason McNamara will lead the panel of representatives from the following organizations:
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals
- North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT
About the 2013 eHealth Summit
This panel is one of four that will be held on August 2. Each panel will include health industry leaders addressing an aspect of eHealth. We hope you can join CMS for this webcast to learn more about state health information exchange and other eHealth topics.
Date and Time: Friday, August 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET.
To Register: Registration required for this event.
- 9:00 – 9:25am – Main Auditorium, Welcome Remarks from Robert Tagalicod, Director, Office of eHealth Standards and Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- 9:30 – 10:30am – Main Auditorium, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services – Health Information Exchange
- Moderator: Jason McNamara, Technical Director for Health IT,Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Data and Systems Group,Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Tyler Carruth, State Health Information Technology Coordinator,Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals
- Marty Rice, Office of Health IT & Quality,Health Resources & Services Administration
- Rachael Williams, Assistant Program Manager, North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance,North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
10:45 – 11:45am -Main Auditorium, Administrative Simplification Group -Interoperability 2.0: The Convergence of Administrative and Clinical Information and Transactions
- Moderator: Matthew Albright, Lead Health Insurance Analyst, Administrative Simplification Group, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- David Willis, M.D., Professional Association of Health Care Office Management
- Jim Daley, Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange
- Tom Meyers, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Gail Kocher, Director, Industry Standards & eHealth, BlueCross BlueShield Association
- Tom Leary, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- Rob Alger,Kaiser Permanente