If you have not begun transitioning your practice to electronic health records, you are not alone. Although EHR adoption is on the rise there are still more than 50% of all Physician practices that have not implemented EHR technology. And if you are planning to implement, will you also participate in the CMS Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive programs? The program is currently under the final rule for Stage 1 meanngful use and even though we are one year into the program, participants can still begin this year and earn maximum incentives.
- An approved enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS).
- Medicaid eligible professionals are not required to be enrolled in PECOS.
- If you do not have a record in PECOS, you should still register for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- Registration status will remain in an “issue pending” status until you have an active enrollment record in PECOS.
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- A National Plan and Provider Enumeration System Identity and Access Management ID and password for the individual provider
- If you are reasigning your benefits
- A Payee Tax Identification Number
- A Payee NPI
When registering on behalf of an eligible professional in the Identity and Access Management System, click on “You are requesting to act on behalf of an individual provider.” To check your registration status in the Registration and Attestation System, log in to the Registration and Attestation System and click the Status tab to view your registration information.
The CMS EHR Information Center is available to assist the EHR provider community with registration and other program-related inquiries.
Phone: 1-888-734-6433 or 888-734-6563 (TTY number)
Hours: 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM CT, Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.