Global Health Equity Week October 19-23
Since 2006, U.S. National Health IT Week has brought together stakeholders in Washington, DC and across the country to demonstrate the power of information and technology to transform health.
HIMSS (@HIMSS) is pleased to use the power of this partner-driven platform to launch Global Health Equity Week, an initiative focused on displaying the potential of health information and technology to transform health and minimize health disparities.
During this year’s celebration, HIMSS and the health information and technology community will highlight the role of digital health as a bridge to patient wellness by focusing on these topics:
- Maternal health
- Patient identification and safety
- Public health data modernization
Participants will experience opportunities to elevate conversations about care and wellness and take actionable steps to support healthy communities.
Show Your Support
Help HIMSS lead the charge for health equity with insights, best practices and resources through virtual and in-person education, events and networking during the week. Here are six ways you can take action.
- Lead the change with them: Be part of the HIMSS Global Health Equity Network and advance health and wellness for everyone, everywhere.
- Join their virtual march: Participate in their virtual march to support maternal health, telehealth, patient identity and data modernization.
- Support workforce diversity: Contribute to the HIMSS Foundation to fund scholarships that equip diverse students for careers in health information and technology.
- Innovate to improve access: Sign up to participate in or support the HIMSS Maternal Health Tech Challenge.
- Share your health equity story: Engage on social media using #HealthEquityWeek.
- Learn and connect: Attend health equity webinars and networking events. Check out the schedule of events for more details.
About the HIMSS Foundation
The HIMSS Foundation is the philanthropic arm of HIMSS and promotes health information and technology education and issue awareness on global and national levels, with a focus on:
- Educational opportunities and financial assistance for students
- Education for government employees and industry leaders
- Data and reports to academics and governments
- Financial assistance for special projects