- This event has passed.
Current and Future Outlook for Privacy Changes in HIPAA
April 7 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
When: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:00 pm ET
The last few years have been busy ones in the privacy landscape. Several states have proposed or passed laws that give individuals a broad array of rights when it comes to the use of their personal information. Part of this new privacy movement also includes changes currently out for comment in the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for HIPAA Privacy Rule released by HHS on December 10, 2020. This NPRM directly addresses privacy issues brought on or heightened by COVID.
This presentation brings two industry leaders to the table to discuss changes to HIPAA and how they align or don’t align, with overarching privacy trends, as well as how those changes can be implemented in the health care environment.
On this webinar, our experts will discuss:
- How new privacy rules line up with the Notices of Enforcement Discretion around disclosures related to the COVID Pandemic and public health.
- What types of entities may be covered under this newly expanded scope.
- What is the the impact on cybersecurity, an ever increasing problem in healthcare.
- How do these changes fit into federal legislative initiatives like the 21st Century Cures Act, TEFCA, and Interoperability.
- How do these changes fit into state-wide legislation like CCPA and other states proposing similar legislation.
- What are the consequences for failing to maintain good privacy practices.
- Can healthcare organizations “future proof” their privacy practices to avoid major shifts as new rules come into play.
The webinar will conclude with a Q&A.
Dr. Heather Mark, CCEP, Chief Compliance Officer, Sphere
Lee Kim, Director of Thought Advisory, HIMSS